Business Development Manager
Vox Technologies was founded on a few guiding principles: We succeed when all other options have failed for our customers, meaning that we are the company of last resort and if we cannot provide a solution nobody can. Vox is data driven; the answers, solutions, to our customer’s problems are found in data in the world around us. It is every employee’s duty to leverage their knowledge base by synthesizing the data around them, collaborate with their team mates to compile that data, and find the appropriate solution. Vox Technologies’ employees are continuously learning; growing as employees and individuals and should always be champions for this solution oriented, data driven culture.
We are looking for a driven and experienced individual, with strong people skills, marketing and analytical abilities that can build and manage our business interests across West Africa. The candidate will have experience in developing sales and marketing programs that have proven success in revenue and market growth. Primarily, this individual will have a passionate energy for building client relationships with our customers and using this understanding to propose inventive business solutions that are tailored to their needs.
- Responsible for understanding and interpreting trade in industrial automation and West African distribution channels.
- Have functional knowledge of the direct and online auction brokerage platforms such as OLX, eBid and Bid or buy
- Responsible for independently negotiating and executing up to $1 million in annual transactions.
- Analyze West African market trends in industrial automation and advise CEO on such
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with customers, suppliers, and manufacturers.
- Provide strategic leadership for marketing initiatives in the region.
- Travel between the U.S. and West African Countries.
- Assists with other tasks and special projects as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Candidates possess a strong work ethic, positive mental attitude, motivation, and ability to work independently.
- Master’s degree (MBA, MSc) in marketing, business, communication, or a related field a plus
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Background working or living internationally desired; in West Africa a plus.
- The ability to apply knowledge and experience towards learning new or different technologies quickly.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Power-Point, Project, Excel, Office and Word).
- Ability to work across cultures and time zones.
- Utilizes strong analytical, logic, and research skills to gather facts and make decisions.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to write and speak the three major Nigerian Languages (Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa), one other West African Language and English language
- Project Management Skills
- Strong Background in computer technology with general knowledge of how components work together within systems
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience towards learning new or different technologies quickly.
Apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.