Vox Technologies was founded on a few guiding principles: We succeed when all other options have failed for our customers, meaning that we are the company of last resort and if we cannot provide a solution nobody can. Vox is data driven; the answers, solutions, to our customer’s problems are found in data in the world around us. It is every employee’s duty to leverage their knowledge base by synthesizing the data around them, collaborate with their team mates to compile that data, and find the appropriate solution. Vox Technologies’ employees are continuously learning; growing as employees and individuals and should always be champions for this solution oriented, data driven culture.
The Engineering Director will be responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring and controlling four areas that have been deemed critical to Vox Technologies success. These areas include production/testing, service/repairs, engineering services and quality assurance. Production/Testing includes the testing and configuration of various industrial automation components including but not limited to, CPU Boards, Power Supplies, Motors and Drives. Service/Repairs will be the contracted diagnostic/repair arm of Vox Technologies and will be responsible for receiving a customer’s property, troubleshooting issues and repairing accordingly. Engineering services entails the building, customization and configuring of various industrial computers tailored to the customer’s needs. The quality assurance department will be responsible for ensuring that all items shipped to the customer are of high quality and functioning according to the customer’s needs.
- Manage, support and provide direction and leadership to Team Leaders.
- Ensure product quality. Direct the timely resolution of all product liability issues.
- Comply with State and Federal regulations. Minimize legal exposure and/or liabilities of the corporation.
- Have cross-functional insight that will ensure successful collaboration with among Production, Service, QA, Business Development, and Sales teams.
- Reviewing project requirements, RFP’s and proposals as needed.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Facilitating both internal and external plan review processes.
- Direct and coordinate production, operations, quality assurance, testing, or maintenance in industrial plants.
- Oversee the research and development of new products and procedures.
- Write performance reviews and solve internal issues.
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts.
- Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
- Coordinate activities of unit with other units or organizations.
- Promote internal culture of Customer Service to teams, and build Vox Technologies values into every action within the department.
- Contribute new ideas to improve current processes
- Candidate must possess a history of strong leadership, deep practical engineering knowledge and a proven track record for timely project delivery, project management, cost control and customer satisfaction
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and will interface closely with the firm’s Finance, Marketing, Sales and Warehousing departments.
- Should bring knowledge and creativity to the position as well as have the discipline to drive results and follow established fundamental processes
- Will establish long and short range goals and objectives f for business development, growth, revenue, sales and individual employee achievements.
- Experience in development of business units, especially in the areas of Quality Assurance, Production/Testing and Service.
- Knowledgeable of ISO 9000 standards and driven to implement such standards at Vox in order to become ISO certified.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering experience.
Apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.