The Systems Administrator is a key member of the Information Technology team and will be responsible for the day-to-day administration and management, upkeep and deployment of our Technology Systems, including VMware, Windows Servers, Backups, Exchange, IIS, and other Applications and Networking technologies. The qualified candidate should have in depth knowledge of subject matters pertaining both to the technology area as well as business case application of the company’s infrastructure.
This position will play a major role in defining and applying best practices in our enterprise growth initiative. The role requires a knowledgeable practitioner in technology and business enhancement through innovation.
- Participate or lead teams tasked to design and implement solutions relating, but not limited, to the Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, VMWare VSphere, VCenter, Horizon View, and networking platform using industry best practices for security, scalability, and usability.
- Monitor, maintain, and improve an enterprise and PCI-DSS regulated Windows server environment to ensure system integrity and to achieve optimum performance.
- Identify and suggest enhancements to technologies and the business services they enable.
- Seek opportunities to automate and optimize existing and future operations of the team.
- Designs and implements moderately complex systems supporting the windows environment.
- Recommends, designs, and implements systems backup recovery process and policies.
- Conducts disaster analysis, planning, and implementation.
- Updates and promotes standard procedures for installing, configuring, and administering systems.
- Develops recovery procedures.
- Maintains hardware and software inventory (including software licensing). Recommends hardware replacement and plans new hardware implementation.
- May lead sub-functional team for system design, modification, upgrade, and implementation projects. Provides training and technical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Respond to customer requests and incidents related to IT/IS environment and the business services they support.
- Provides advanced operational support. Troubleshoots, tracks, and resolves system issues. Evaluates and follows through on issues and problems until resolved or escalated.
- 4 year college degree
- Enterprise Microsoft Systems Administration
- Exchange 2010
- Cisco switches and routers, CCNA a plus.
- VMware VSphere & VCenter knowledge. Ability to provision, monitor and manage systems. VCA or VCP a plus.
- Horizon View Knowledge. Ability to provision, monitor and manage systems. VCA or VCP a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with automation and scripting: PowerShell, VBScript, Batch.
- Knowledge of inventory and monitoring tools: Zabbix, Nagios, Spiceworks.
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
- Knowledge and experience with relevant networking specifications, including but not limited to TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial with the ability to recognize business needs.
- Ability to translate user needs into technical requirements and convey technical solutions in terms users can understand
- Knowledge of integrating non-Windows systems in a Microsoft environment.
- Experience maintaining and managing Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with centralized antivirus solutions
- Experience with VOIP phone systems. Interactive Intelligence a plus
Apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.